- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr
- Total: 5 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
These are like having an apple pie without the crust.
- 6 red cooking apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- Core the apples.
- Place the apples in a buttered mold.
- Stuff the apples with 2/3 cup of brown sugar, raisin and the orange peel.
- Top off with butter and remaining sugar.
- Place the mold in a crock pot.
- Pour the hot water in the cooker.
- Sprinkle the orange juice over the apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours.