- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy a medium-rare, pan-seared strip steak topped with rich buttery toasted pecans and a decadent blue cheese and butter blend.
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 3/4-inch-thick New York strip steaks
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the butter and the blue cheese into a small bowl and mix to blend.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, about 2 minutes, sprinkle the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper and then place in the pan. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side, flipping once, and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Top the hot steaks with dollops of the blue cheese butter and the toasted pecans; serve immediately.