- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 sticks
Kids and adults alike will love this recipe for String Cheese Sticks which are similiar to mozzarella sticks only healthier and homemade.
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce package of smoked string cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces pizza sauce, heated
- Beat Bisquick and milk to form a soft dough. Roll in Bisquick and knead 10 times.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into 8 rectangles (6X2-inch).
- Wrap cheese stick in rectangle, pressing ends to seal.
- Place sticks on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After cooking, brush sticks with melted margarine and sprinkle with garlic powder. Serve with sauce.