- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 12 People
Serve this moist coffee cake over tea or coffee.
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 2 tablespoons instant coffee and water; blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir in coffee mixture. Add flour combination and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, remaining instant coffee, nuts and cinnamon.
- Pour 3/4 of batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of brown sugar mixture over top.
- Pour remaining batter over sugar mixture. Sprinkle remaining half of brown sugar mixture over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.