- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 8
Streusel Apple Pie is a apple pie lover's dream! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, heaven!
- Filling: 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each; grated nutmeg and salt
- 7 large tart apples, peeled, cored, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Streusel: 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Make filling: Mix sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large plastic bag. Add apple slices to bag and shake well to coat. Transfer to crust, filling in edges and mounding center.
- Make streusel: use a food processor to work butter into sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt until the size of small peas. Sprinkle evenly over apples, lightly pressing in place.
- Place pie on baking sheet to catch juices. Bake 15 minutes at 450 degrees F. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Continue to bake until bottom crust is golden, about 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.