- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
These sweet muffins are an excellent breakfast treat!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in lemon rind and buttermilk; do not overmix.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Place sliced strawberries onto the top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar over top of each strawberry slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.