- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
A light healthy dessert to serve in dessert cups or you can spoon it into individual cooked pastry tart shells.
- 7 cups fresh strawberries, cut in large pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place 1 cup strawberries and water in blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reserve liquid.
- Discard pulp.
- Return liquid to saucepan.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and sinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add to strawberry liquid and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Pour into tart shells or cups.