- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 1 hr 27 min
- Serving: 6
Strawberry Delight Roll is filled with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Delightful is an understatement!
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon frozen concentrated orange juice, thawed
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 pints sliced fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste
- Line a greased 10 x 15 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with greased and floured waxed paper. Sift first 3 ingredients together.
- Beat eggs in bowl until thick. Add sugar gradually, beating until very thick and creamy. Beat in orange juice and 2 tablespoons water. Add flour mixture gradually, beating until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading into corners.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Invert cake onto towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll up and cool completely.
- Blend 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and almond extract with whipped cream. Unroll cake. Trim crust for edges. Spread with half the whipped cream mixture. Spoon 3/4 of the strawberries over whipped cream.
- Re-roll cake and place seam side down on serving plate. Top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.