- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Strawberry Custard Dessert is layered with pound cake and flavored with orange liqueur.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2, 10 3/4 ounce frozen ready to serve pound cake, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 small package vanilla flavored instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Wash and hull strawberries, reserving 5 for garnish. Thinly slice remaining strawberries; place in medium bowl with liqueur; let stand 30 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut pound cake into 1/8 inch thick slices; set aside. In small bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form; set aside. In medium bowl, prepare pudding as package directs, using 2 cups milk. With wire whisk fold whipped cream into prepared pudding.
- Arrange 1/2 pound cake slices in single layer in 1 1/2 quart glass bowl, cutting slices to fit if necessary. Top with 1/2 strawberry mixture, then 1/2 pudding mixture. Repeat layering. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- To serve: Cut each reserved strawberry in half; garnish dessert with strawberries.