- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Makes 2 loaves
This sweet bread makes an excellent breakfast treat. Can be served as a dessert alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together vegetable oil, strawberries and eggs.
- Blend flour combination into strawberry mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.