- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 cup
This sweet and tangy simple syrup can be used to sweeten various drinks and cocktails, but can also be enjoyed drizzled over pancakes, oatmeal or yogurt.
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, cleaned, hulled & quartered
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Put the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar and water into a large saucepan and place over medium heat to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Strain the mixture and allow to cool before transferring into a glass jar and tightly capping.
- The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.