- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: Syrup for 12 servings
A flavorful simple syrup recipe made with fresh strawberries and aromatic basil. Use it in cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and in spritzers for added color and taste.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves
- Put the 3 cups of sugar and the 1-1/2 cups of water into a saucepan and place over high heat.
- Stir the mixture frequently to dissolve the sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the 1-1/2 pounds of strawberries, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer mixture for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the 1 cup of basil leaves. Let the mixture sit for 1 hour before straining into a glass container.