- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve these succulent wok-fried pieces of shrimp and vegetable over steamed white rice.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup julienned red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place a large wok over high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, tilting the pan to coat the entire bottom.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, add the shrimp and cook without stirring for 20 seconds, then stir in the pepper, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce and toss the mixture to coat, and then remove the shrimp and place aside.
- Put an additional tablespoon of oil into the wok and then add the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp back to the bowl and toss the mixture to combine.
- Cook the shrimp mixture for 1 additional minute and then serve immediately in a bowl topped over rice.