- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12 appetizers
Use baguette-style French bread to make these tasty bruschetta appetizers with stilton cheese.
- 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Stilton or blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives or green onions
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red and/or yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread each slice of bread on one side with 1 tablespoon of butter and then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the bread for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the remaining butter, blue cheese, chives and ground red pepper into a bowl and stir to blend.
- Spread each slice, on the unbuttered side, with the blue cheese mixture and then top with the bell pepper.
- Place the bruschetta back in the oven for 5 minutes and then remove and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediacy.