- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Sweet and crunchy strawberry crepes made with Kellogg's All-Bran® cereal
Variation: Substitute the berries with sliced bananas and chocolate hazelnut spread.
- 3 eggs
- 300 millilitres (1-1/4 cups) 1-percent milk
- 5 millilitres (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 1/2 millilitres (1/8 teaspoon) salt
- 175 millilitres (3/4 cup) All-Bran Buds® or All-Bran Original® cereal
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) melted butter, divided
- 750 millilitres (3 cups) mixed berries
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) maple syrup
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) orange juice
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) All-Bran Buds® or All-Bran Original® cereal
- 125 (1-1/2 cups) maple syrup
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) low-fat lemon yogurt
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) chopped toasted pecans
- Crepes: In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk in flour, cereal, sugar and 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) of the butter. (Crepe mixture should have a watery, pancake-batter-like consistency.) Cover, refrigerate and let rest for at least one hour (or up to one day). This allows the gluten in the flour to relax and prevents the crepes from being tough.
- Brush 5 millilitres (1 teaspoon) of the melted butter onto an 8-inch (20-centimeter) nonstick pan or crepe pan. Pour 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) of the batter into pan; lift and swirl pan to spread batter evenly. Cook crepe until golden brown on bottom, about one minute. Flip and cook 30 seconds more. Stack crepes between layers of waxed paper and keep warm.
- Filling: In bowl, combine berries, maple syrup and orange juice. Let sit for 15 minutes (or up to one day), stirring occasionally.
- Topping: In a small bowl, mix cereal, maple syrup, cinnamon and pecans.
- Place crepes on a tray. Spoon 60 millilitres (1/4 cup) of the filling in center of each crepe; fold crepe over to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining crepes, and divide among four plates. Spoon topping over crepes. Serve immediately with a dollop of lemon yogurt.