- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Steamed snow peas are combined with shrimp, radishes and scallions and then tossed in a fresh ginger dressing in this simple and colorful salad recipe.
- 12 ounces snow peas, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and then top with a steamer basket filled with the snow peas. Steam the peas for 2 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Drain the peas and pat dry; set aside.
- Place the shrimp into the pan with the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes before removing and rinsing with cold water. Drain, part dry and then cut in half, lengthwise.
- Put the rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, ginger and a pinch of salt in a small bowl and whisk vigorously until blended.
- Place the steamed snow peas and the boiled shrimp into a shallow bowl with the radishes and scallions. Drizzle in the prepared dressing and then toss to coat. Serve the salad garnished with the toasted sesame seeds.