- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This side dish is both elegant and delicious; a dramatic accompaniment to your main dish, serve it at a dinner party to create an impressive presentation.
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Using a food processor or a swivel vegetable peeler, shave the carrots and the zucchini into long ribbons.
- Using a steamer, steam the carrots for 2 minutes, and then add the zucchini and steam for an additional 3 minutes more.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and toss gently with the oil, lemon juice and the salt and pepper.