- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
A simple, yet elegant side dish, Steamed Lemony Green Beans is great for the holidays or any night of the week.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pounds of green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Boil a large pot of water. Add the salt and green beans and cook until they're tender (about 4 minutes).
- Once cooked, transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water. Drain the bean and pat them dry.
- Transfer the beans to a serving dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and toss together.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and sesame seeds over the green beans and serve.