- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 2
A tangy dipping sauce that's healthier than butter.
- 4 cups water
- 18 cherrystone clams, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Bring 3 1/2 cups water to boil in a dutch oven.
- Place the clams in a steamer basket and set the basket in the dutch oven.
- Cover and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan use a wire whisk and mix 1/2 cup of water, the lemon juice, honey and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the clams.