- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Drizzling hot, steamed asparagus with a tarragon tofu sauce creates an elegant and delicately flavored side dish with an appealing aroma.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup mashed soft tofu (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped shallot (about 1 large)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- Place the asparagus in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water, and steam for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the tofu, lemon juice, mustard, salt, shallot, garlic and tarragon into a food processor and process until smooth. With the processor’s motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor flute and blend until combined.
- Drizzle the sauce over the hot asparagus and serve immediately.