- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 8 servings
The mild taste of steamed asparagus is given an explosion of flavor when tossed with a flavorful tahini, ginger and red pepper sauce.
Photo originally appeared on kitchendaily.com
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon tahini (pureed sesame seeds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Place the asparagus into a steam basket over a pot of boiling water, and steam for 4 minutes until crisp tender.
- In the meantime, place the soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, water, tahini, ginger, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes into a blender and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the hot asparagus to a serving platter and then top with the tahini sauce. Gently toss to combine and serve.