- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You can either sauté, steam, bake or grill the fresh asparagus for this delicious side dish recipe. Just make sure to use thin, tender spears.
Photo originally appeared on www.cookthink.com
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Steam the asparagus in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water for about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Carefully transfer the hot asparagus to a serving platter and add the butter, lemon peel and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat and then serve immediately.