- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Steamed asparagus is delicious on its own, but when topped with fresh tomato, balsamic and shallots, it is absolutely amazing.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Using a steamer, steam the asparagus for about 10 minutes until soft, yet tender.
- In the meantime, mix together the tomatoes, shallot, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl with a whisk to combine.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter and spoon over the tomato mixture.