- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4
Steak Paisano is filled with cannellini beans and the sauce is flavored with sweet pickle relish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound beef chuck shoulder steak, boneless
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1, 16 ounce can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1, 16 to 20 ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook beef steak until well browned on both sides. Remove steak to plate.
- In drippings remaining in skillet over medium heat, cook onion and green pepper until tender, stirring occasionally. Return steak to skillet; stir in tomatoes with their liquid and next 3 ingredients; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until steak is tender. Stir in beans; heat through.