- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Steak Marsala is a classic dish with a rich mushroom sauce. This recipes turns an ordinary dinner into a special treat. Serve with pasta on the side and a fresh green salad.
- 12 ounces boneless sirloin steak cut 1-inch thick
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Trim the fat from the beef. Place it on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil the beef about 5 inches away from the heat until it is cooked to your preference, turning it once during cooking.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with the non-stick cooking spray. Cook the mushrooms and onion in the skillet over medium heat until they're tender. Stir in the Marsala, water, parsley, bouillon and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow to continue boiling for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid is almost evaporated.
- To serve, thinly slice the beef and drizzle the sauce on top of it.