- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 2 cups
This frosting is made with semi-sweet chocolate, not cocoa powder. It delivers a richer flavor and more luxurious texture.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Put the butter and the chocolate in a double boiler filled with hot water and melt. Pour in the heavy cream and blend well.
- Place the butter and chocolate mixture into a mixer and add the vanilla. Slowly spoon in the confectioner’s sugar and continue beating on low until well blended.
- Beat the frosting for approximately 3 minutes until it becomes thick and creamy. Use immediately, otherwise consistency of icing will thicken and frosting a cake will become difficult.