- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 4
Use the bounty of the vegetable garden for Squash Casserole. Substitute zucchini for the summer squash if desired.
- 4 cups sliced summer squash
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, crushed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook together squash, onion and green pepper for 10 minutes. Drain and press out juice.
- Add butter, eggs, salt and pepper. Put in 1 quart buttered casserole. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.