- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr
- Total: 5 hr 15 min
- Serving: 12
This will make a great side dish for a family get together.
- 10 summer squash, cut into thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place squash in a crock pot.
- Cover with water.
- Add salt and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Drain water.
- In a skillet melt butter.
- Add croutons.
- Stir and cook until golden brown.
- Add cheese.
- Splace squash in a serving bowl.
- Spread mixture over squash and serve.