- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6
This is one fresh and fast salad. A light dressing of Parmesan, white wine vinegar, and black pepper enhance the brilliance of the salad greens and the rich nuttiness of the pecans.
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced thin (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound endive, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound dandelion greens, stems removed, chopped (about 2 cups)
- (substitute arugula or chicory if dandelion greens are unavailable)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pecans, toasted*, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and, if needed, season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide among plates and garnish with slices of fresh cantaloupe.