- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simply elegant spring salad has a wonderfully fresh and clean taste that works well when accompanying heavier dishes made with creamy sauces.
- 5 spring onions soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Remove the onions from the cold water and pat dry.
- Place the spring onions and the baby spinach into a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk together the tamari, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and toasted sesame seeds until blended.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss to coat and serve immediately.