- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2
Split Pea Soup with Cheddar Crisps is easy to make with jazzed up canned soup.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1, 14 ounce can split pea soup, not condensed
- 4 slices French baguette
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet and saute shallots until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ham and curry powder. Cook, stirring about 2 minutes. Add soup and cook until hot; about 5 minutes.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Mound cheese evenly on each slice and sprinkle with paprika. Bake about 5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve crisps on side with soup.