- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This modern Indian-inspired side dish is a new take on an old classic, creamed spinach. Instead of using heavy cream, thick Greek yogurt is incorporated into the mixture to add smooth texture to this coriander and turmeric-spiced dish.
- 1 pound baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small dried red chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Place half the spinach into a large sauté pan over high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Put the wilted spinach into a colander and then sauté the remaining spinach in the same manner. Once cool squeeze out the cooked spinach to remove any excess moisture and then coarsely chop.
- Place the olive oil into the sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and the chiles and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the coriander and turmeric and cook for an additional minute before adding the spinach, yogurt and a few pinches of salt to taste.
- Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, and then remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately.