- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
Hearty spinach punctuated with onion, fresh bacon bits, and juicy mandarin oranges makes a super side salad to partner with an Easter ham.
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, patted dry
- 1/2 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 5 strips of peppered bacon, cooked until crispy, crumbled
- 1, 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- Toss spinach, onion, bacon, and mandarins in an extra large bowl.
- In a cruet, shake together mandarin juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar, and tarragon.
- Drizzle half of the dressing on spinach mixture and toss to coat.
- Evenly divide spinach salad among 10 salad bowls and serve with remaining dressing.