- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 10
Spinach Salad with Four Cheeses is made with pasta and an abundanza of Italian flavors.
- Dressing: 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salad: 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1, 10 ounce package fresh spinach, stemmed and cleaned
- 2 cups bow tie pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1, 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 by 3 inch strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup Italian 4 cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- For dressing: In a large skillet over medium heat, crisp fry bacon. Drain fat from pan. Return pan to heat. Add vinegar, water, garlic, basil, sugar and black pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large serving bowl, toss spinach, pasta, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, onion, cheeses with olive oil. Pour hot dressing over salad. Mix well. Serve immediately.