- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Indian side dish is made with creamy Greek yogurt, fresh spinach and a variety of spices. Add a dollop to spicy food for a cool and satisfying contrast.
- 2 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- Salt or Kala namak to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 minced green chillies
- Place the fresh spinach in a medium-sized pot and add 1/4 cup of water. Cook the spinach over medium heat until all of the water has evaporated.
- Once the spinach has cooled, roughly chop and set aside.
- Place the yogurt, salt, cumin seed powder, pepper and chilies in a bowl and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Add the spinach to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover the raita and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend.