- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
A great salad for entertaining, this elegant and delicious dish pairs fresh baby spinach with thinly sliced Bosc pears and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 Bosc pears, quartered lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the spinach, pears and cheese into a shallow salad bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Put the vinegar, mustard, sugar, a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk the mixture vigorously until blended. Slowly add the oil to the mixture and continue to whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.