- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Havarti cheese is a semi-soft Danish cheese made out of cow’s milk. It’s buttery aroma and smooth taste pairs wonderfully with the bacon and grapes in this simple salad.
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 cups grapes
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- salt and ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 4 ounces dilled havarti cheese, shaved
- Pecan halves to garnish
- Place the bacon into a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, and cook for about 6 minutes until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to drain.
- In the meantime, cut the grapes in half and place in a salad bowl with the spinach.
- Place the vinegar, brown sugar and a few pinches of salt and pepper into the skillet with the bacon fat, whisk to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top the salad with the havarti cheese and the bacon and then garnish with the pecan halves. Serve immediately.