- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A well seasoned, chicken, spinach and tortellini creamy slow cooked soup.
- 1 (1 ounce) packet white sauce mix
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- Add the white sauce to a greased slow cooker. Stir in 4 cups of water until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the chicken, broth, garlic, basil, oregano, cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook covered for 6-7 hours on low, 3 hours on high.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for 1 hour on high. Finally, stir in the cream and spinach and cook until hot.