- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Add an extra kick of flavor and flair to an otherwise mild and somewhat boring spinach and shrimp salad by tossing it with this piquant chile dressing.
- 8 cups baby spinach, 8 ounces
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Holland chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp
- Place the spinach, peas, tomatoes and shrimp in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Put the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, then stir in the chile, ginger, cumin and turmeric and cook for an additional 2 minutes more.
- Add the lemon juice to the chile mixture and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the spinach salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.