- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Spinach and Cheese Calzones make a meal by themselves. Serve with melon slices or a fresh fruit salad.
- 1, 9-ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 cup of light ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 egg white
- 1, 10-ounce can of pre-packaged pizza crust
- 1, 8-ounce can of marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, garlic, basil and egg white and blend well.
- Unroll the pre-packaged pizza crust. Roll it into a 12-by-8-inch rectangle and cut it into 6, 4-inch squares.
- Spoon about half the filling onto the center of each square. Fold the dough diagonally over the filling to a triangle. Press the edges with a fork to seal the triangles. Place on the cookie sheet to bake.
- Bake the triangles until they are golden brown (about 10-15 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, combine the marinara sauce, parmesan cheese and the oregano. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is heated through. Serve the calzones with the marinara sauce on top or to the side.