- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4 cups
Use a 1 pound loaf of dark rye, sourdough or caraway bread to make the bread bowl for this delicious appetizer.
- 1 (8-ounce) package (2 cups) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well-drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried onion soup mix
- 1 pound round loaf of bread
- Place the cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, spinach, chestnuts and onion soup mix into a medium bowl and mix until blended.
- Carefully cut out the center of the bread with a sharp knife, leaving about 1-inch from the bottom and the sides, and fill the center of the bread with the cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the bread bowl for 30 minutes before serving
- Meanwhile, cut the bread that was removed from the loaf into pieces to serve with the dip.