- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 2-4 People
Winter is the perfect time to enjoy warm and bubbly casseroles hot from the oven. Casseroles can include just about any ingredients from vegetables to pasta to protein and are simple to make. Enjoy comfort food at its best for any meal. This spinach and egg breakfast casserole is hard to beat!
- 2 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 pound sage sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 10-ounces spinach
- 4-ounces canned mushrooms
- 1 cup sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and cover bottom of dish with croutons.
- Brown breakfast sausage and drain; sprinkle sausage over croutons.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream of mushroom soup, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze excess moisture out of thawed spinach. Drain mushrooms and stir spinach, mushrooms, and cheese into egg mixture; pour over croutons and sausage. Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until egg is set.