- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4
The addition of rum to this hot chocolate recipe adds some extra warmth to your favorite winter drink.
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 ounces semi-sweet, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dark rum
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Place the milk into a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon stick and then stir in the freshly grated nutmeg.
- Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla bean and into the pan then add the brown sugar and chocolate. Whisk the mixture together until the chocolate has totally melted.
- Pour in the rum, stir to combine and then lade into 4 mugs. Top with the whipped cream and serve immediately.