- Prep: 12 hr
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 12 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4
Yogurt keeps this chicken moist and the hot sauce adds a little kick.
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a shallow dish. Add chicken drumsticks and coat well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat over to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a baking rack on top. Spray the rack with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Place chicken on the rack and bake about 30 minutes until golden brown outside, and no longer pink inside.