- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Here is a great way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Serve this soup ladled over crushed corn chips and topped with shredded cheese and cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey meat (white and dark)
- 1 small bag white corn chips
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Place the oil in a large soup pot over medium-low heat, add the garlic and the onions and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, oregano, ground chipotle pepper, cumin, black pepper, bay leaf and turkey and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve the soup ladled over crushed corn chips and garnished with the cheese and cilantro.