- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4-6 Servings
Enjoy these juicy pieces of tropical fruit with spicy syrup as a dessert, or spooned on top of grilled chicken or seafood.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole cardamom pod
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium Asian pear, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 lime, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 strips orange zest (1/2-by-2-inch), cut into thin slivers
- In a small saucepan, place the water, honey, cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes until syrupy, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the syrup through a sieve and into a medium-sized bowl, discarding the spices in the sieve.
- Place the mango, kiwi, pear, lime segments, dried cherries and orange zest into the bowl and gently toss with the syrup to combine.