- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 23 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Even people who aren’t crazy about fish will enjoy the spicy and flavorful taste of tilapia in this dish.
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound tilapia
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the asparagus by placing it in a steamer for about 15 minutes until soft yet still tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, mix together the chili powder, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Dredge the fish fillets in the spice mixture until thoroughly covered and then place in the frying pan and cook for 3-1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fish to 4 serving plates and add the asparagus to the frying pan. Add the lemon juice and the remaining salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Place the asparagus on the plates and serve.