- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Makes 8 tacos
Wondering what to cook for your Cinco de Mayo celebration? Try these spicy Tacos with Chorizo smoked pork and a frosty glass of Mexican beer.
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 sweet onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 Hard taco shells
- Shredded cheese, chopped Romaine lettuce, sour cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, and cook the onion, ground beef and chorizo for 8 minutes.
- Using a large sieve, strain the mixture to remove the excess drippings, wipe the pan with paper towels, and put the meat mixture back into the sauté pan. Sprinkle in the cumin and the Sriracha sauce and mix well.
- Place the taco shells on an oven pan and warm in the oven for about 4 minutes.
- Using a spoon, fill the tacos with the meat mixture and then top the meat with shredded cheese, lettuce and sour cream.