- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This spicy side dish is made with both fresh corn and hominy, which is dried corn that has had its hull removed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- Place the olive oil in a large sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the poblano pepper, bell pepper and corn and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle in the chili powder, cumin and the salt and cook for an additional 1 minute, and then add the hominy and cook for 2 minutes more. Serve warm.