- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Somali tea is a creamy blend of milk and spices. Serve with a pancake-like bread called canjeero, and enjoy authentic Somali flavors.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 crushed cardamom pods
- 5 crushed cloves
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Place the water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, remove from the heat and add the nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, milk and sugar. Stir to combine and then let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into 2 glasses and serve immediately.